Along with her Glow partner, Tara Sowlaty, Jessie inspires people to live the most vibrant life possible through her yoga classes and holistic, multi-sensory approach to healing. Her workshops set her apart from other yoga instructors — “an integrated blend of yoga, aromatherapy, meditation, journaling and art making”— a tribute to her training under Yogaworks founder Maty Ezraty and training at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health.
It’s safe to say that yoga is the focus of Jessie’s everyday life— even when she isn’t teaching, she is practicing and takes at least one hot yoga class per week. To break up her wellness routine, she keeps fit by enjoying the outdoors through hikes/walks on the beach, or jogging along Santa Monica Blvd. Throw in a SoulCycle class or two with Ben B and its any wonder that she sometimes finds herself upside down.
Having spent so much time across the US, Jessie is well-practiced in taking her crafted life on the road with her. Here are her five tips on how to #LiveWellTravelWell:
- Travel light: I always travel with just a carry-on and avoid checking a bag at all costs. This makes for an expedited, more pleasant airport experience and eliminates any anxiety about losing luggage. This also forces me to bring just the minimum, which always ends up being too much anyways. Less is more when exploring new places — too much baggage literally ties you down!
- Bring glowy essentials: It’s important to feel your best when travelling, so I always bring travel-sized items that I know I won’t be able to get on the road. My favourites are the Stop The Water While Using Me! travel kit, Oribe texturising spray, and Jao hand sanitizer!
- Sleep well: To get the most out of travelling, it’s crucial to get a good night’s sleep. I always bring lavender essential oil, an eye mask and ear plugs in case I have any difficulty falling asleep — these three items work like a charm, especially for long plane rides.
- Get in with the locals: The absolute best way to see a city is by exploring with the locals. I make sure to reach out to all my friends, and even shout out on social media, when I’m going to a new place to see who has contacts/connections/friends there. Meeting up with people and getting a glimpse into real life is what it’s all about.
- Get out of your comfort zone: When I travel, I make sure to keep an open mind and try anything and everything that will introduce me to a new culture. Even if it’s a food I would never normally eat, you better believe I’m trying it. Recently I tried kangaroo and crocodile in Australia… when in Rome!